Although Boston Squash and Racketball Club was founded in 1957, play did not start until the first court was finished in February 1961. The second court was built in 1971 and the third added in 1976.
In 1978 two glass back courts were built, along with the club bar at first floor level overlooking the new courts. This arrangement allows the club to fit in dozens of people to watch a match by putting the two seating blocks together at ground level. Finally the changing rooms on the ground floor were added in 1982.
In 1997 the club was successful in applying for National Lottery funding to build three rainbow courts. This made the club the first one ever in England to receive National Lottery funding for rainbow courts.
With the rainbow courts came the first ever Boston Open, which is now one of, if not the longest-running professional squash tournament in the country. Boston is now only second to Grantham (six courts) as the largest club in the county, with good facilities, and the club is often asked to host county events.
The club is run by its members (currently around 270), with a committee to represent the members elected every year at the AGM.